Acumatica BOM Routing – Bill of Materials
- Integrated BOM/Routing Directly connect materials, work instructions, and overhead costs to an operation. This allows for the time-phased release of materials.
- Multi-level BOM/Routing Lists the components required to produce an item as well as any subassemblies and their components. Provides both an engineering and costed view of the entire product structure.
- Revision Control Maintain a complete revision history of your BOM/Routing. This allows you to save and view multiple revisions, both past and future, as well as the reason for the revision.
- Multiple Costing Methods and Capabilities Allows for multiple costing methods; average, standard and actual. Other costing capabilities include the ability to add tooling costs and overhead costs; both fixed and variable.
- Effectivity/Expiration Dates For planning and execution activities you can enter the date the material will become available for use and assign a date the material will no longer be available for use.
- Production Steps Provide detailed work instructions that describes the specific work that needs to be performed at each operation. Through the steps and standard note capability, you can document the entire process.
- Engineering Change Notice Allows the user to record information about the ECN written against the current BOM/Routing.
- Phantoms Allows user to enter phantom items into the BOM. These items show up on the BOM, but disappear when the Production Order is created. Changes to phantom items, such as components or quantities when made at the BOM level are carried throughout the system.
- Reference Designators Identifiers that relate to individual material lines on a BOM that can be used to reflect multiple reference points on a drawing thereby not having to create multiple lines for that item in the BOM.
- BOM Cost Roll Flexible cost roll can be utilized for a single level BOM or multi-level BOM, by Item, or Site. Costs of the lower level items will “roll” into the costs of the higher-level items. In a standard cost operation, costs will update the Pending Standard Cost for each item in Inventory.
- Flexible Copy BOM The capability exists to make a complete copy of an existing BOM/Routing to a new BOM/Routing. This copy can be used as an alternate BOM/Routing for the same inventory item or may be used to create a different, yet similar, inventory item.
- Multi-Site Ability to support multiple sites and have different or alternate BOM/Routing for each different site.